Monday, July 21, 2008

The Munster Fleadh Cheoil

Took a trip over to the Munster Fleadh yesterday. For the first time in a long time the weather was dry and the sun came out - now and again. It was my first proper relaxing summer’s day. I went to see my niece dancing in the under 12 set dancing competition. Unfortunately, her set didn’t win but I wish the Ballydonoghue set all the best in the All Ireland. Once I did my bit of supporting I headed into the town. There was a good crowd and nice buzz about. The entertainment had started on the main stage in the square and a crowd had gathered. We just sat, had a few beers and listened to the great music. I have to say I was very impressed with the organisation of the Fleadh and in particular the traffic management in the town. There was plenty of parking attendants and when we eventually left Kenmare the traffic was moving quite freely despite the crowd. Thumbs up to the organisers! Let’s hope the Fleadh will return to Kenmare next year!

No comments: